Coliwasa Composite Liquid Waste Sampler designed to EPA standards.
Get a representative sampling of multiphase wastes for a wide range of viscosity, corrosively, volatility, and solids content. Use the Coliwasa to sample most containerized liquid wastes, except those containing ketones, nitrobenzene, dimethylformamide, mesityl oxide, and tetrahydrofuran. The Coliwasa is easy to use and its simple design allows for the rapid collection of samples. Quick and easy minimizes the exposure of the sample collector to potential hazards from the wastes.
Coliwasa comes with:
- (1) 5 ft. x 3/4" ID tube and closing valve. Sampler holds approximately 3 oz. per foot. Coliwasa manufactured of high-density polyethylene and designed to EPA standards.
How to use your Coliwasa:
- Push down and hold the rod at the top to close the valve.
- Lower the COLIWASA to the proper level and pull up on the rod approximately 2"-3" (5-8 cm) to open the valve and collect the sample.
- Push the rod down to close the valve and remove the sampler from liquid.
- Pull up on the rod to empty the sample into an appropriate container. Or hold the valve slightly open while submersing the COLIWASA into the liquid to collect the sample from the surface down to the desired level. Push the valve closed, remove from the liquid, and empty into a container.