Tank Sampler for Liquid and Sludge.
Take sludge and water and liquid samples at a specific depth. It’s is easy with Nasco’s Tank Sampler. The Tank Sampler comes complete as a 10-ft. unit, it is made up of two 5-ft. sections that screw together. Extension sections are available to extend the length. This tank sampler is made of a tough, 3/4" diameter, special plastic pipe and holds approximately 3 oz. per foot.
Order Info for Tank Sampler:
- (2) 3/4" diameter / 5-ft. sections that screw together
- Extensions Available
How to use your Tank Sampler:
- Screw the two sections together and lower the unit to the specific depth required the sampler is marked in 1 ft. increments.
- Pull and hold the stainless steel wire at the top, figure A, which opens the valve, figure B, allowing the liquid to flow in.
- Release the wire allowing the valve to close, figure C, trapping the sample inside.
- To release the sample, hold the sampler in the middle at about a 15° angle and pull the wire, holding the end over an appropriate container, or press and hold the pin on the bottom against a hard surface such as the bottom of a pail. This will release the valve and the sample will flow out. The sampler is not autoclavable, do not use at temperatures over 165° F (74° C).